The Returners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Returners

Chat form for the Returners of Durotan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Names and there meanings :)

Go down 
+12
Saunter
Lorietta
Roninwolf
Roflpwnr
Panthertwolf
Treena
Kelros
Realmweaver
Psychomachia
Narai-Hunter
Painful
Twilight
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Twilight
Admin

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-04-20

Names and there meanings :) Empty
PostSubject: Names and there meanings :)   Names and there meanings :) Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 4:49 pm

Often in Warcraft, you see some names and go.."what does that mean?"

Does your name have a story behind it?

My name, Twilight Isis, is based off an old role play character I had. Isis was the daughter of Pandamonium, Ruller of the land of Pandamonium and Aion, the sinner. (Chrno Crusade based lol)

Anyone have any stories on your names?
Back to top Go down
Painful

Painful

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Names and there meanings :)   Names and there meanings :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 7:34 am

Hmm..

My druid's name Ausencia is actually a spanish word that means "absence" - i picked it because of a bachata song i heard and thought the word sounded pretty when it was sung lol I also have a paladin named Afuera which means "outside" in spanish

I started the 'ful trend back when i made my undead mage her name is Spiteful, I also have a shaman named Deceitful and of course my warrior named Painful =)

My warlock is named Pinky after the cartoon Pinky and the Brain - my bf made a mage named Brain and we've been lvling them together =)

My priest Kryz is just what everyone calls me in real life so shes my lil mini me =P

Zyon, my hunter, is named after the reggaeton band Zyon y Lenox

My rogue Drina's name means to fight for mankind - i read that some where online lol

Finally my mage Prosper's named was from the infamous saying "Live long and Prosper" - I had originally started playing prosper with a friend of mine who had made a druid named Livelong - unfortunately she no longer plays WoW =(

I also have a shaman on a PvP server named Nandina - which is actually the botanical name for a plant Razz

So yea - I have too many alts =) lol

~Pain
Back to top Go down
Twilight
Admin

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Names and there meanings :)   Names and there meanings :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 10:16 pm

YOu made my day my dear!

lol.. I wonder if anyone gets your pinky and brain joke..i know I would!
Back to top Go down
Narai-Hunter

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Names and there meanings :)   Names and there meanings :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 2:26 am

Narai, my hunter main, comes from a character I made on Oblivion, who I mastered Marksmanship with. Zhato, my Druid was inspired by much lack of sleep. I don't know what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
Psychomachia

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Names and there meanings :)   Names and there meanings :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 11:16 am

Psychomachia means "war within self" (brief definition)
Beelzebub, if I remember correctly, is basically the devil (ironically on a pally)
Kantorek is a character in All Quite On The Western Front
Takin... idk what i was thinking... must have been drunk :S

Thanks for clearing what Beelzebub really meant Kels, I didn't know there was so much to it!

Last edited by on Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Realmweaver

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Food for thought.....   Names and there meanings :) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 11:38 pm

Quote from Psychomachia:"Beelzebuba, if I remember correctly, is basically the devil (ironically on a pally)"

Just one of the things I got bored and read a long time ago. I couldnt remember exactly who Beelzebuth was exactly, but I happened to have the link saved. Figured this passage might be of interest. Sry couldn't get the quote code to work right. =(

Dictionnaire Infernal - Collin de Plancy (1863) (paraphrased)
Belzebuth (aka Belzebub, Beelzebuth), whose name means "lord of the flies" is prince of demons according to the Scriptures. Milton calls him foremost in power & crime after Satan, and most demonographers call him supreme chief of hell. Bodin claims he is no longer seen in his temple. Belzebub was the god of the Canaanites, who represented him with the figure of a fly or with attributes of a sovereign power. He was known to give oracles, as King Ochozias was reprimanded by Elijah for consulting him. Belzebuth is also known to rid harvests of flies.

Demonologists present him in different ways. Milton said he was imposing with a wise face. Some say he is as high as a tower or of similar size to us. Some say he has the figure of a snake with feminine traits.

Palingene wrote in Zodiaco vitae that as the monarch of hell, was of a prodigious size with a swollen chest & a bloated face with flashing eyes and raised eyebrows. He also gives a menacing aura & sits on a throne surrounded by fire. He is black as a Moor, with large nostrils and 2 horns on his head. He has 2 bat-like wings attached to his shoulders, 2 duck feet, a lion's tail, and is covered from head to foot in shaggy fur.

Porphyrus confused Belzebuth with Baccas, while others say Priapus is greater. Others claim he is associated with the Slavic god Belbog or Belbach (white god), because his images were always covered in flies, like Belzebuth among the Syrians. Sometimes he was associated with Pluto, or possibly identified with Bael, whom Wierus made emperor of hell. The name Belzebuth is not found in Wierus' infernal monarchy.

In Solomon's Clavicules, Belzebuth appeared as an enormous calf or a goat with a long tail, but with the face of a fly. Belzebuth appeared to Faust 'dressed like a bee and with two dreadful ears and his hair painted in all colors with a dragon's tail.' The Marechal of Retz described him as a leopard. He breathed fire and howled like a wolf when angry. Sometimes Astaroth appears with him in the form of an ass.
Back to top Go down
Kelros

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Names and there meanings :)   Names and there meanings :) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 5:48 am

Lol man i suck, my name was randomly generated.

EDIT - Hey Painful, are you Dominican?
Back to top Go down
Treena

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Names and there meanings :)   Names and there meanings :) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 9:12 am

Treena my hunter is just half of my name Catrienna. Her original name on Warsong was Trienna but I made an alt on Durotan with that name and forgot to delete her before I transferred over.

I try to keep all my characters starting with Tri or Tre.
Back to top Go down
Panthertwolf

Panthertwolf

Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Names and there meanings :)   Names and there meanings :) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 8:34 pm

huh, so alright.

Panthertwolf - i made that name up yeeeaaaaarrrrsss ago way back in 6th grade LOL for my AIM sn lmao.. name stuck and its been something ive used ever since then hehe.. just randomly picked my 2 favorite animals (panthers and wolves) and then " T" ( my nickname in RL) which stands for my name, Tara.

Wolftpanther - ... just panthertwolf... but backwards.. lawl

Stumpipipipi - umm.. i got bored and hes a dwarf... so hes stumpy.. and he kinda looks like hes gotta piss when he runs so.. yup. pipipipi.

Kawatatatata - pretty sure i was bored and out of my mind

Tarra, Tarah, Tarrahh - self explanitory.

Unsacred - i usually call my undead characters by that name, or sometimes ill name a warlock that.

Saraphina - male BE pally.. wanted to give him a gay girly name.. really is no meaning behind it.

Yeah so.. im not going to go through and name all 42 of my alts.. LOL. but i think u guys get the jist of it.. Razz
Back to top Go down
Roflpwnr

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Names and there meanings :)   Names and there meanings :) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 6:39 am

Roflpwnr = Don't really need to explain it lol
Dougin = This was Rofl before I tranferred here. Its short for Douginator. My middle name is Douglas, thus Dougin was born.
Zisqo = My 70 hunter. I was bored and made an alt thinkin he would be deleted within 2 days. Wanted a "troll" version of Sisqo. He cant dance or sing, but he kills.
Articus = My 48 warlock. It just popped up on the name generator and I thought it was the coolest. Stuck with naming the rest of my alts Articus or some form of it.
Back to top Go down
Realmweaver

Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Names and there meanings :)   Names and there meanings :) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 1:19 pm

Realmweaver:Druid= my first toon on WoW.....no explaiation necessary.
Turanos:Warrior= my second toon made...played around with names till i found a kick @$$ warrior name.
Thanater:Mage= third toon made. Thanater was the earlier god of death in Greek/Roman mythology.
Heavensagent:Rogue= fourth toon made. named after Heaven's Clan guild before they switched their name to Exodus. kind of embarassed by the reason behind this toons name.
Mortanus:Hunter= yada yada yada 5th toon made. played around with names till i found a good one.
Illearia:Warlock= 6th made. someone on the server beat me to "Illyria" named after the demon goddess in the TV show "Angel" season 5. she kicked some serious @$$!
Andrana:Priest= 7th made. used creativity to come up with most of these names including this one. didn't use the random name generator once.
Zanneth:Paladin= blah blah blah. made up this one....sounded cool at the time.
Roknar:Shaman= blah blah blah. ran out of creativity and got tired of taking an hour to come up with these names. just thought of something barbaric sounding and went with it.

On a side note: I went to this site to look up most of my names but they were mostly taken except the female ones. Just linking as referance if you get stuck on trying to name an alt in the future. http://www.gods-heros-myth.com/
Back to top Go down
Roninwolf

Registration date : 2007-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Names and there meanings :)   Names and there meanings :) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 7:46 am

Well lets see.

Ronin Wolf = Masterless Wolf Ronin is japanisse for a Samuri with no master. And Wolf is cool. This was before i found out you can not have wolf mounts. [I think they should change it. if a turen can ride one.... And now i Wish i named him the name i gave my rouge. Reason i say this now is based on my pets and for a long time my X bow

Serpenti - My rouge Based on a rpg i made a Mexican Lucador pirate named El Serpenti

Fire Hammer -Old name for a Dwarf i played in D&D Rune Firehammer
Back to top Go down
Lorietta

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Names and there meanings :)   Names and there meanings :) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 10:34 pm

It's my name! bounce
Back to top Go down
Saunter

Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Names and there meanings :)   Names and there meanings :) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 3:14 am

Saunter is a verb. To saunter means to wander about aimlessly, which is what most people think I'm doing. In truth I don't know where I'm going, but I know that I'll know when I get there...
Back to top Go down
Natapong

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Names and there meanings :)   Names and there meanings :) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 6:42 am

Natapong

This is my real name.
Didn't have a choice.
It is what it is.
And i like it.
Back to top Go down
Merden

Merden

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Names and there meanings :)   Names and there meanings :) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 7:46 am

Well, here's how I came up with my names:

Reivaj (Lowbie mage alt) - My real name backwards.

Velenos (70 rogue) - My original durotan toon, was named Antediluvian forever ago, before I transferred to Ysera to play with Lilitu.

Danubo (70 shammy) - lol, I asked my little sister what a cool name would be for a toon and she started saying all these serious names like Fred, George, etc, so finally she came up with this and it was pretty darn original.

Merden (70 pally) - Short for Mer De Noms, meaning Sea Of Names, an homage to my favorite band, A Perfect Circle.
Back to top Go down
Cason

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Names and there meanings :)   Names and there meanings :) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 2:25 am

Cason-this s my first toon ever, i dunno my mom called me that one day
casun-just take the o out and put a u in its place and it sounds the same:)
fortissimus-latin for very brave/srtong
elffran- its the alliance wsg battlemaster name spelled wrong(the on in stormwind)
casson-yea...pally
casrawr->.>..warrior
toemush-the undead warrior that stems on toes :O
casstab-the dwarf rogue....
*cason and all its forms is copyrighted to me, you you do an armory search for cason their all meh:O*
Back to top Go down
Specop

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Names and there meanings :)   Names and there meanings :) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 5:37 am

I try to keep all my chars. with "spec" as a start of the name. I had the name "specop" for a few years (play warcraft3 much?) after halo2 came out. Since the Covenant could stealth or "go special ops (specops for short)", I chose the name 'cause I like to strike an enemy when they can't see me or know the hit is coming (kinda like an assassin or sniper?, but i dont like rogues (nothing personal), and spaz out about sniping (long range warfare ftw?). So the name just grew on me. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Names and there meanings :)   Names and there meanings :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Names and there meanings :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Returners :: The Returners :: General Chat-
Jump to: